I finally perfected my simple homemade granola bar recipe! It was supposed to have 3 or 4 ingredients, but I cheated a bit… PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
Here are my 6-INGREDIENT NUTTY COCONUT DATE NO-BAKE GRANOLA BARS.
What’s in them?
- Your choice of your fave nuts & seeds (I used almonds, cashews, Valencia peanuts, pumpkin + sunflower seeds)
- Pure organic maple syrup
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- Dates + shredded unsweetened coconut pulsed up in the food processor to form a paste = COCONUT DATE PASTE
- Almond buttah
If I had to sum these bars up in just a few words?
Minimal ingredients, easy prep, vegan, gluten, dairy, added salt + refined sugar-free, possibly nut-free, no preservatives, artificial flavours, fillers or additives… JUST REAL FOOD IN HEALTHY SNACK BAR FORM!
They have a perfect chew to crumble ratio & they’re naturally sweet, filling + satisfying! –
PRO TIP: Whenever I make homemade bars, I like to cut them up & individually package them in wax paper or aluminum foil to keep them fresh + to make it easy for me to take them on the go or to pack them for my dad’s lunch!
- 1 cup your fave nuts &/or seeds
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (or sub for nut-free alternative)
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- Add the dates & coconut to your food processor & pulse until a paste is created. You’ll have to stop to scrape the sides a few times. Set aside.
- Heat the maple syrup & almond butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat until combined & almond butter is melted.
- Add the oats, date / coconut paste, nuts & seeds to a large bowl. Pour the almond butter + maple syrup mix over them & toss to coat until the mixture is sticky & holding together.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment or aluminum. Press the mixture into the loaf pan, flattening the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, slice into bars & package them individually to make your life easy!