4-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Vanilla Pancakes a.k.a. These Made My Morning & They’ll Make Yours Too!
These 4-INGREDIENT BANANA OATMEAL VANILLA PANCAKES made my morning!!!!
They’re fluffy, airy, delicious, full of vanilla flavour, easy, simple, made with real food, nutritious, light, healthy, customizable, kid-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, comforting, refined sugar free & a great way to start your day with tons of fibre, potassium, plant protein & antioxidants!
Not only does the banana act as a binder for the oats & add moisture to the batter to replace an egg, but it also adds tons of fibre, digestive health perks & potassium to the mix, as well as natural sweetness! All you need to make these babies is bananas, your plant-based milk of choice, gluten-free rolled oats, pure organic vanilla & then of course, you can have fun with the toppings!
You can customize them to your liking by adding chocolate chips, blueberries, cacao nibs or any other add-ins of your choice! I topped mine with yacon syrup, chia seeds, kiwi, peaches & Ceylon cinnamon!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 medium pancakes or 3 large ones):
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. homemade hemp milk (or other milk of choice)
- Coconut oil spray
- OPTIONAL: Sweetener of choice (maple syrup or yacon syrup would work well). If you decide to use a sweetener, make sure to reduce the amount of milk by the amount of sweetener you use.
- ADD-INS: If you want to make chocolate chip or blueberry pancakes, add 1/4 cup cacao nibs, chocolate chunks or chips or frozen or fresh blueberries to the batter once it’s blended.
- Add all the ingredients to your blende (except add-ins, if using) & blend until smooth & a creamy batter is formed. The batter will be thick, but should pour out of your blender into a measuring cup. If it doesn’t, thin it out by adding more milk or sweetener, 1 tbsp. at a time.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with coconut oil.
- Once heated, reduce your heat to medium & pour the batter into a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Gently pour the batter into the skillet & cook enough that you can get a spatula underneath without breaking the pancake (about 2-3 minutes). The pancake will start to lift on the edges & the tops should be browned.
- Flip & cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the process until you have no more batter left over. Make sure to spray the skillet in between each one if you find it isn’t greased up enough to prevent the pancakes from sticking & falling apart.
- Remove from the heat, top with desired toppings & ENJOY!!