First of all, if you guys have never made my chewiest almond flour cookies ever, I’m not sure what you’re waiting for. GET IN THE KITCH. They’re delicious, healthy, simple & easy to make & they quickly become everybody’s favourite cookie, kids + adults alike!
Here’s the recipe: The Chewiest Almond Flour Cookies On This Planet!
Today, I stuck to pretty much the same recipe but changed them slightly because I ran out of almond flour! And boy did they come out great! If you like hazelnuts, you’ll love these. And even if you don’t, you’ll love them anyway. THERE’S NOTHING NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THEM.
BTW, did you guys know that hazelnuts pack a hella nutritional punch? I feel like there’s a bit of a misconception surrounding them since ya know, Nutella is made from them. BUT, if it weren’t for all the other additives, fake, refined sugars & artificial ingredients added to Nutella, it would actually be pretty healthy!
Some of the main benefits of hazelnuts include:
- rich in healthy anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids (especially oleic acid)
- boost metabolism
- provide a substantial amount of vitamin E & B vitamins
- great for building strong bones due to manganese & magnesium content
- high in fibre, which promotes feeling fuller longer, prevents overeating, helps maintain healthy weight & boots gut health
- great for skin & cognitive health
- 1/2 cup leftover almond pulp or almond flour
- 1.5 cups hazelnut flour
- Or 2 full cups of hazelnut flour
- 1/3 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw organic almonds
- 1/4 cup raw organic pistachios
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until combined. Get your hands in there to make sure all the ingredients are combined & no leftover flour is trickling around the edges.
- Form the batter into 10-12 cookies & place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies might look soft or under done when you remove them from the oven but they’ll firm up as they cool.