Nothing like avocado toast to start my Monday off right!
Do you need a quick & easy avocado toast spice blend (READ: LAZY AVOCADO TOAST BLEND)?
I got you! Mash an avocado in a bowl & add lemon, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder + smoked paprika. Mix it up & top it on your fave toast (mine is Ezekiel sesame sprouted bread). Then, throw on some of your fave veggies, toppings, spices, seasonings or seeds & you’re good to go!
Today, I topped mine with cherry tomatoes, black pepper, dried parsley + a mix of arugula, mustard + radish micro-greens.
What on earth are MICRO-GREENS?! They’re tiny greens that pack a huge nutritional punch + contain even more vitamins, minerals & antioxidants than their full sized counterparts. They take all of the vitamins + minerals found in the mature plant & cram them into a smaller package. They also contain polyphenols, which help fight free radicals & reduce the risk of disease, fight aging, boost immunity & contribute to overall health. Think of them as your fave greens amplified or on steroids!
Here’s how to make this easy recipe that you can have for breaky, brunch, lunch, as a snack or dinner!
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- Juice of one lemon
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tso. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 slices of your fave toast (I used Ezekiel sprouted sesame toast)
- Micro-greens blend
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Black pepper & dried parsley for topping
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl & season with the lemon & spices. Mix until combined.
- Toast your bread & top it with the guacamole mix, cherry tomatoes, micro-greens & top with black pepper & parsley.
- ENJOY! 🙂