I ain’t never met a pesto I didn’t like! Especially when it’s nut, dairy & oil free, not to mention a heck of a breeze to make! If you want to make it a little heartier, you can swap out the liquid I used (almond milk) for extra-virgin organic olive oil or you can half/half it!
This one’s loaded with flax & chia seeds for fibre & healthy fats, nutritional yeast for B12 & protein, tons of greens & a few simple spices!
It’s ready in minutes & makes for a great addition to bowls, as a dip for veggies, spread for crackers or rice cakes, dipping sauce for fish, seafood, chicken or beef or as a salad dressing if you thin it out with some lemon & apple cider vinegar! SO MANY WAYS TO USE IT. SO LITTLE TIME. P.S. You have been warned… YOU MIGHT WANT (& NEED) TO DOUBLE YOUR BATCH!
- 3 cups mixed greens
- Juice from a large lemon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or water or olive oil for a heartier pesto)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined, smooth & incorporated.
- Add more almond milk/olive oil/water if you need to thin it out.