Whoever said veggies aren’t a thing in muffins ain’t never met these babes. Oh & whoever said it wasn’t possible to create a muffin with JUST FOUR ingredients… WELLLLLL… here’s proof that anything is possible (P.S. vanilla & baking soda don’t count as ingredients!!).
They’re chocolatey, decadent, indulgent, comforting, fudgy, DELISH, flourless, dairy, egg, gluten + refined sugar-free! In fact, they contain NO ADDED SUGAR! They’re naturally sweetened with banana & vanilla & that’s it. YES, that’s it, that’s all!
I added oats to the mix to give them that necessary muffin crumble & used raw organic cacao powder (the unsweetened kind!) to keep them super rich!
- 2 medium zucchini, grated & drained
- 1/4 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Coconut oil cooking spray
TO MAKE (8 muffins):
- Grate your zucchini into a bowl lined with a few piled paper towels or a dishcloth.
- Once grated, sprinkle some sea salt on the zucchini & let it sit for about 5 minutes to drain excess liquid. Squeeze the paper towel/dishcloth to drain any remaining liquid.
- Add all the ingredients except the oats to a mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Once combined, add the oats & fold them in gently.
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a muffin tin with parchment liners or spray with coconut oil.
- Portion the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 way through.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for about 15 minutes then place them in the fridge as is for an additional 20-30 minutes before removing them.
- Use a knife to carve the circumference of the muffins & gently remove them from the tin.
- Store in the fridge for optimal texture + freshness.