You guys know I’m a HUGE fan of sea buckthorn oil in skincare! Some of my faves are by Sibu Beauty & Living Libations You can imagine how excited I was when I found frozen sea buckthorn berries to add to smoothies!
Sea buckthorn berries are one of the most anti-inflammatory berries out there because they’re rich in omega 3,6, 9 & also 7, a rarer form! They’re great for improving the symptoms of common skin disorders from cycatic acne to rosacea & eczema, as well as for fighting inflammation in the body. They’re full of vitamin C, antioxidants, immunity-boosting properties & amino-acids for muscle replenishment & growth.
I also added some spirulina for detoxification, liver health, energy & plant-protein, baobab for vitamin C, antioxidants, calcium & probiotic fibre & royal jelly + Ceylon cinnamon for gut health, immunity & natural sweetness & anti-inflammatory benefits. And of course, I always like to add a source of healthy fats to my smoothies, usually in the form of avocado or nut / seed butters!
- 1/2 cup homemade hemp milk
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup frozen sea buckthorn berries
- Huge handful of spinach
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 tsp. royal jelly
- 1 tsp. baobab powder
- 1 tsp. spirulina
- Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp. creamy almond butter
- TOPPING: Living Intentions Raspberry Superfood Granola
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Pour into a tall glass, top with granola & enjoy!