Today, I knew I was going to a workout class around dinner time & that by the time I got home, I’d be starving! I had time on my hands this afternoon so I planned ahead! I got home from the gym, famished (as expected) & dinner was ready & waiting for me in the fridge! YAS.
PRO TIP: If you have the time, try to plan your meals ahead of time, especially dinner. Often, we get home from long days at work or school & we’re so hungry that we lose sight of our mindfulness, hunger & fullness cues & we fail to eat intuitively. Many of us end up eating whatever is easiest & sometimes, if we’re so hungry, we may even end up binging on quantities of food we wouldn’t have otherwise overdone done it with had we planned ahead!
Of course, we don’t all have the time to do it, but if you do, I highly encourage you to try & to see what a stress & burden it takes off, especially if you have a family to feed! It’s one less stress throughout the day & it’s so worth it! You know what they say: FAIL TO PLAN, PLAN TO FAIL.
Here’s what’s in this beautiful bowl:
- Organic sprouted quinoa
- Ground flaxseed
- Raw pistachios
- Dried apricot
- Green onion
And the dressing? Grass-fed Greek yogurt to make it creamy, lemon, coconut vinegar, garlic powder + Kozlik’s Mustard curry mustard! Simple, but bursting with flavour!
This salad is a great meal prep staple because you can eat it so many different ways: as is, in salads or bowls, lettuce wraps or in a smaller portion as a side dish with some fish, seafood or chicken/turkey!
- 1 cup organic sprouted quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 heaping tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 medium endive, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 orange, diced
- 1/4 cup dried organic sun-dried apricots (I used Fruit Bliss)
- 3 small green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. organic grass-fed Greek yogurt (I use 0% or 2%)
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 1 heaping tbsp. curry Dijon mustard or any mustard of your choice
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, set aside & let cool before adding to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- In the meantime, prepare your other ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients, including the quinoa (once it’s cooled) to a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking the ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients & toss to coat.
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 4-5 days.