Here’s a quick & easy lunch recipe that you can put together in minutes if you have a few essentials meal prepped in your fridge: spiralized zucchini, sautéed or roasted veggies & meatballs!
You can feel free to get creative with this recipe & use it as a base for whatever you’re craving or whatever inspires you! You can use regular pasta if zoodles aren’t your thing, swap the vegan meatballs for the real deal & use your favourite pasta sauce or pesto instead of salsa.
Either way, a few things are for certain: It’s delicious, nutritious, light but filling & full of plant-based goodness, protein, fibre, vitamins & minerals. YUM!!
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast or Parmesan
- 3-4 tbsp. roasted garlic salsa or 1/4 cup of your fave pasta / marinara sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup homemade sautéed bell peppers (recipe here) OR other sautéed or roasted veggie of choice
- 2 vegan black bean meatballs (recipe here) OR any meatballs of your choice
- Add the zoodles & other ingredients (except the meatballs) to a large mixing bowl & toss to coat.
- Alternatively, you can sauté the mixture before adding your meatballs if you prefer to eat it hot!
- Plate the zoodles & top with the meatballs!