Here’s an easy breakfast recipe ready in just ten minutes for those busy mornings or when you get home famished after a morning sweat!
It’s creamy, delicious, plant-based friendly, full of protein, fibre & it’s gluten-free & super satisfying!
You can customize it your way by swapping the collagen for protein & the chaga for another adaptogen or superfood powder!
I sweetened it with 100% apple butter but you can use maple or yacon syrup, coconut sugar or extra cinnamon, if you prefer!
Chaga is one of my fave medicinal mushrooms to use in recipes & lattes because I find it has the perfect mix of a nutty coffee-like taste so it really makes for a great addition to oatmeal, breakfast foods, baked goods, smoothies & coffees. NOT TO MENTION, it’s quite the superfood: it’s super ant-aging, lowers cholesterol, fights certain types of cancer, lowers blood pressure, supports strong immunity, fights inflammation & naturally lowers blood sugar levels. It also has adaptogenic properties, so it helps relieve symptoms of anxiety, depression & mood disorders.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup homemade hemp milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 tbsp. chaga powder
- 7-8 raw unsalted almonds
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 2 tsp. bee pollen
- 1 tbsp. Eden Foods apple butter to sweeten (or use pure organic maple syrup, yacon syrup or coconut nectar)
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the oats, water, hemp milk & vanilla to a small skillet & bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower the heat to medium-high & stir continuously until all liquid has been absorbed & oats are creamy & cooked.
- Remove the skillet from the heat & stir in the collagen & chaga.
- Plate the oats & top with desired toppings!
- Serve immediately & enjoy!