Today’s lunch was this & it was BOMB.
When summer rolls around, I love to add fruit to my salads! It adds a dose of natural sweetness, fibre, antioxidants & vitamin C & blends so well with savoury spices like turmeric & the citrusy lemon! Seriously though, mangoes + turmeric = DROOL. Literally. Okay, that sounds kinda gross, but what I mean is that the combination of mangoes and turmeric is F-AMAZING.
This salad is loaded with vitamin C & antioxidants, fibre, plant-protein, healthy fats, B12 & basically every other vitamin & mineral your body needs. BUT, the best part is that it’s loaded with anti-inflammatory foods & spices:
- mangoes contain proteolytic enzymes with anti-ulcerative & anti-microbial properties
- spinach contains omega-3 fatty acids that are super anti-inflammatory
- golden berries are super high in antioxidants, which helps reduce inflammation, muscle aches + chronic pain
- pistachios are rich in antioxidants, especially flavonoids, which are super anti-inflammatory
- AND WAIT FOR IT… it does not end there. Not only are most of the salad ingredients know for their anti-inflammatory properties, but so are the dressing ingredients! From apple cider vinegar to lemon to turmeric to cayenne, we’ve got an anti-inflammatory powerhouse in this bowl!
- 2 heaping handfuls spinach
- 1 large endive
- 1/2 fresh mango, cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. organic dried golden berries
- 1 tbsp. raw organic pistachios
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. dried herbs
- A few pinches of cayenne
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Season the salad directly in the bowl & toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Top with black pepper & ENJOY!