Oh, where to begin with these little bites of deliciousness! Let me think… HMMM… maybe by the fact that they legit taste like Nutella. And I am not even kidding.
The main event in these babies is Vital Proteins Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides: it contains collagen, Hyaluronic acid, probiotics & coconut water, making it an all-around beauty-boosting, gut-healing, hydrating, muscle-building & energizing way to amp these babies up!
But worry not… any & all Collagen or protein powder will work just fine in these babes too! You can even just swap out the protein for raw organic cacao powder.
I also used hazelnut flour as a way to change it up from my fave: almond flour, but you can totally use them interchangeably. But just think… Nutella is made from hazelnuts & y’all know what Nutella tastes like, right? I MEAN, WHO DIDN’T GROW UP WITH NUTELLA, SLASH WHO DOESN’T FREAKING ADORE NUTELLA?
If you don’t have hazelnut flour, you can definitely swap it out for almond flour. The consistency is the same & although the flavour differs slightly, I’m sure almond flour would do the trick just right!
The cacao nibs add the perfect bittery dark chocolate taste (which I LOVE), plus tons of antioxidants, magnesium, iron & zinc! If you prefer to sweeten these up a tad more, you can use semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips or any chocolate chips or chunks of your choice! You can even break apart your fave chocolate bar!
These bites are nutrient-dense, hearty, satisfying, chocolatey, chewy, indulgent & they’re so DELISH, they taste like dessert truffles!
- 1 cup hazelnut or almond flour
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins chocolate blackberry collagen peptides (or any collagen or protein powder of choice) OR if you prefer not to use protein/collagen, swap for ~
- 1.5-2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp. pure organic vanilla
- 2 tbsp. yacon syrup
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until combined & incorporated. The batter should be soft & all the powder should be incorporated. Add water/almond milk or more yacon syrup if you need a bit more moisture.
- Roll the batter into 16 balls & place on a plate.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to firm up.
- Store in the fridge or freezer, if you prefer a firmer texture &/or want them to last longer.