This smoothie screams SUMMER!!!
Not only is the colour to die for, but it’s also energizing, brain-boosting, refreshing, uplifting & calming, full of antioxidants & skin-glowing vitamins, delicious, frosty, creamy, silky & nutritious!
If you don’t have matcha or prefer to swap it for another green superfood powder or algae, go for it! I recommend spirulina, morninga or chlorella!
Freezing my banana & zucchini is key to giving the smoothie a creamy & decadent texture. I generally prep & freeze them on the weekend for the rest of the week while I’m meal prepping the rest of my food so that I don’t forget & so that I’m sure they’re ready & waiting for me at the beginning of the week.
I topped it with One Degree Organics sprouted cacao + quinoa granola! This is one of my go-to’s because the ingredients are clean, it’s crunchy & delicious & super satisfying for the chocolate lover in me. I MEAN… YOU GUYS KNOW I LOVE CHOCOLATE, RIGHT?
- 1 + 1/4 cup fresh watermelon
- 4-5 slices frozen banana
- 5 chunks steamed then frozen zucchini (cauliflower + butternut squash work too OR use a whole frozen banana)
- 2/3 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder (make sure it’s JUST matcha, no added ingredients or sweeteners)
- 1.5 tsp. Ashwagandha root powder
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- TOPPING: Granola of your choice!
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until silky smooth.
- Top with granola + enjoy!