The other night, I whipped up this EVERYTHING IN MY FRIDGE SALAD after my workout. TBH, I was really lazy. Basically, what went down is me standing in front of my fridge, throwing a bunch of DELISH veggies into a bowl & smothering them in my homemade vegan cheesy green pea pesto! The recipe for my pesto is here: Vegan “Cheesy” Creamy Nut-Free Green Pea Pesto a.k.a. More Pesto P(l)eas(e)!!
But get this… here’s a little tip: if you have a homemade or store-bought pesto that you LOVE but it’s too thick to use as a dressing, just thin it out by whisking it with some fresh lemon juice, raw organic apple cider or coconut vinegar. BAM: A DRESSING. IS MADE! So simple & so easy & a great way to make use of meal-prepped food in versatile & different ways!
Here’s what’s in my bowl:
- sugar-free caramelized mushrooms (You can find the recipe for them here: Caramelized Mushroom, Hemp, Salsa & Avocado Toast a.k.a. #LunchGoals!)
- roasted smoky sweet potatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- sautéed bell peppers (recipe here: Sautéed Spiced-Up Red Peppers a.k.a. Taking Your Peppers Up A Notch!)
- riced cauliflower
- my vegan cheesy green pea pesto mixed with fresh lemon juice
It was so delicious & it’s such a great way to use any meal prepped roasted or sautéed veggies! The combination of crunchy veggies with the roasted flavour of the cooked ones is magical & don’t get me started about HOW CREAMY the pesto makes this salad. Keywords: it MAKES the salad!
- 1/4 – 1/2 sugar-free cup caramelized mushrooms
- 1/4 avocado, in chunks
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet potato OR other starchy veggie of choice
- 1 large endive, chopped
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 sautéed red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. vegan green pea pesto
- Juice from one lemon
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pesto & lemon juice to a small bowl & whisk until combined & liquidy.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to coat the veggies & ENJOY! 🙂