Here’s a super quick, easy but nutritious breakfast idea for a rushed morning!
I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free organic creamy buckwheat & cooked it with water, vanilla & a pinch of sea salt, topped it with some of my faves & BAM! You can even make it in the microwave as opposed to your stovetop but I’m consciously trying to make an effort to stop using my microwave whenever I can! Worry not… if you don’t have the creamy buckwheat, you can just use regular buckwheat that you already have cooked or meal prepped or make it on the spot if you have the time!
You can cook your buckwheat with water or you can use plant-based milk to make it even creamier (if you’re not using the creamy one) or do half & half!
Buckwheat is so versatile & goes both ways: sweet + savoury! It’s full of plant-based protein, fibre, iron, calcium & good carbs. I love it pre-workout because it doesn’t make me feel heavy + gives me a great boost of energy.
Instead of sweetening this bowl with maple syrup or coconut nectar, I opted for a Medjool date for added fibre & creaminess. Nothing like a softened warmed up & creamy date when combined with the warm buckwheat!
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill creamy buckwheat, cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 cup water or plant-based milk of choicePinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- TOPPINGS: 1/2 tbsp. both chia & hemp seeds, raspberries, 1 organic Medjool date, frozen banana + Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the buckwheat, water + sea salt to a small skillet & bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower the heat, cover & let simmer for about 7-10 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed & buckwheat is cooked.
- Before removing it from the stove, add the vanilla & stir it in to combine.
- Remove the buckwheat from heat, fluff with a fork, plate, add toppings & enjoy!