It’s summer in Montreal & you know what that means? WATERMELON SEASON & also, that need for refreshing, delicious smoothies & drinks! This one is no exception!
The combination of watermelon, cucumber, zucchini & lemon is SO perfect, just the right amount of sweet & so hydrating & cooling on the body! It’s full & I mean, FULL of vitamin C & antioxidants, which are essential for glowy skin, boosting collagen production, immunity & fighting the signs of aging in all organs in the body.
WATERMELON packs tons of health benefits!
- boosts immunity
- heart-healthy (due to potassium content, which helps balance blood pressure)
- relieves muscle soreness
- promotes healthy detoxification without putting a strain on the kidneys
- rich in vitamin A, which is crucial for eye health, protecting DNA + fighting certain cancers
- helps soothe the GI tract, regulates pH levels, fights inflammation & relieves acid reflux
- hydrates the body + skin
If you want to make this smoothie thicker & more nutrient-dense, I recommend adding in your fave collagen or protein powder! Either way, protein-ed up or not, this smoothie is SO refreshing & DELISH! You will LOVE it! Plus, HOW PRETTY IS IT? It’s always more fun to drink something when it looks pretty, #AmIRight?
Also, you may think I’m nuts for adding in the zucchini but trust me when I say you don’t even feel it’s there! It’s a great way to add more fibre & gut-healing benefits to the mix, while cutting back on sugar content & upping the texture & creaminess factor! Some of my other fave veggies to steam, freeze & add into smoothies are cauliflower & butternut squash!
- 1.5 cups fresh watermelon
- 4-5 slices steamed then frozen zucchini
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup homemade vanilla almond milk
- Juice from one lemon
- 4-5 ice cubes
- OPTIONAL: For a more nutrient-dense smoothie, add in a scoop of collagen or protein powder. You may have to adjust liquid content to thin it out a bit!
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Pour into a glass & enjoy!