STACKS ON DECK… Seriously guys, the only word I have for this VEGAN GREEN LENTIL “CHEESY” VEGGIE LASAGNA is LEGENDARY.
It’s cheesy, chunky, comforting, satisfying, full of flavour, delicious, healthy as can be, full of protein, fibre, vitamins & minerals & completely vegan, gluten, egg + refined sugar free!!!!!
I used Explore Cuisine green lentil lasagna made with green lentil, pea + brown rice flour & layered it with eggplant, my sautéed red peppers, onion, nutritional yeast & my homemade vegan marinara. You can find the recipe for the vegan marinara here: Vegan 2-Step Easy-Peasy Marinara a.k.a. Chunky Homemade Hour-Long Pasta Sauce 2.0!
P.S. In just one serving of the pasta sheets, you get 4g of fibre, 11g of plant protein & 15% your RDV of iron!
I legit couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you guys & I hope you’re as excited to try it as I am about it! I’m always excited to share my recipes with you guys, but sometimes, there’s some that stand out more than others! And this, my friends, is one of them!
By the looks of it, I’m sure you’re thinking it must be complicated to make, BUT NOPE. It’s so freaking easy, you’re going to freak the F out. Basically, all you gotta do is boil the noodles for a few minutes, rinse ’em, cut up your other veggies while they’re boiling, layer it all up in a loaf pan & bake it! That’s it. That’s all. SIMPLE & EASY AS 1-2-3!
I used eggplant, onions, my roasted red peppers (the recipe is listed down below) & onion, but you can customize it to your liking with any & all of your fave veggies! As for the cheese factor, I used nutritional yeast, but you can totally swap it for your fave shredded mozzarella, Parmesan or Romano or a mix of them if you wish!
If you don’t feel like making your own homemade marinara, worry not. You don’t have to! You can use any of your fave jarred sauces, but just make sure they contain no added sugars, preservatives, additives or table salt. Some of my fave brands are Neal Brothers, & Organico Bello.
So I bet you want me to stop ranting & just spill the recipe already, right?
Okay… get ready for it! HERE I GO.
- 1 package Explore Cuisine green lentil lasagna
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup homemade vegan marinara OR any pasta sauce of your choice
- 1/2 eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of my Sautéed Spiced-Up Red Peppers a.k.a. Taking Your Peppers Up A Notch! OR 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (or 1/2 cup Parmesan/Romano if you want to cheese it up!) & more for topping
- Boil the noodles according to the package directions.
- While the noodles are boiling, prep the rest of your ingredients & lay them out on your counter.
- Preheat oven to 325F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Once boiled, prepare the lasagna by layering a lasagna sheet, an eggplant slice, marinara sauce, some peppers & onions & nutritional yeast/cheese & repeat the process until all your ingredients run out. Top the last layer with a sheet of lasagna.
- Once your layers are done, drizzle the leftover nutritional yeast/cheese on top.
- Bake the lasagna for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through & if you’re using cheese, when you see that it has melted!
- ENJOY! 🙂