Hi my loves!
In my continued effort to switch to a more plant-based diet, these babes came to life!! And oh baby am I ever glad that they did! They’re full of flavour, full of nutrition & are guaranteed to leave you full of energy!
They’re vegan, grain, gluten, egg, refined sugar, oil & breadcrumb free & full of healthy fats thanks to the tahini, sprouted grains, plant protein, fibre, anti-inflammatory spices & seasonings & lots of cheesy flavour without the cheese!
I freaking love black beans for so many reasons. #1, the flavour is BOMB. They have this nutty, creamy & delicious flavour that works well in both sweet baked recipes, but also savoury ones! They also pack a ton of health benefits, such as:
- full of fibre (soluble & insoluble!), potassium, folate, vitamin B6, manganese, iron, phosphorus & antioxidants
- they are also low in cholesterol, which helps support heart health & their fibre content also helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood & decrease the risk of heart disease
- they’re a high source of plant-based protein & amazing for boosting energy levels
- amazing for digestive health
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa (cooked)
- 1 can organic black beans (no salt added)
- Huge handful chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 5 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. raw organic tahini
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp. yellow organic mustard
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until incorporated. You should be able to roll the batter into balls without it falling apart or getting too crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the batter into 14-16 meatballs, depending on the size you want & place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until browned & firm to the touch.
HOW GOOD DOES THIS PLANT-BASED LETTUCE WRAP DINNER LOOK?