If you know, you know… in a Moroccan household, I woke up to the smell of roasted red peppers every Friday morning & before holidays! My mom was an amazing cook & the HOSTESS with the mostest & her Moroccan red peppers were a fan fave!
Today, I recreated a bit of an easier version: all you need is a skillet + a few basic ingredients! They’re sautéed until crispy & browned & make for a great side dish, topping for bowls or add-in for salads, grilled veggie sandwiches or wraps!
- 6-8 bell peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup organic coconut vinegar
- Juice from one large lemon
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt + black pepper
- 1.5 tsp. dried organic herbs
- Add all the ingredients to a large a skillet & toss to coat the peppers in the seasonings.
- Heat the skillet over high heat & let cook for about 3-5 minutes, without stirring.
- Lower the heat to medium-high & continue sautéing for about 10 minutes, stirring every now & then to make sure the peppers don’t stick. Sauté until all the liquid is absorbed & the peppers are browned, cooked & crispy on the outsides.
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!
Here’s a yummy way to incorporate them into a plant-based dinner bowl!