Guys, I cannot contain my excitement about this GREEN LENTIL VEGAN “CHEESY” CANNELLONI!
It actually happened mistakenly, after I boiled WAY too many Explore Cuisine green lentil noodles for my veggie lasagna! I put my imagination to the test & the result is these Zengarry tomato & basil cashew cheese stuffed cannelloni with fresh cilantro, garlic & nutritional yeast!
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NUTRITIOUS.
Rest assured that you’ll fool just about anyone, EVEN A CHEESE LOVER with these babies, not to mention, you’ll give every Italian chef a run for their money. Okay… maybe not. But you catch my drift!
I love that these lasagna noodles are made with lentils, green peas & brown rice. They contain so much more fibre, plant protein & vitamins & minerals than regular pasta & you’d never even know the difference!
- 6 Explore Cuisine green lentil lasagna noodles, boiled for 6-8 min.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Zengarry cashew cheese (or other cheese spread of choice)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Dried herbs
- Nutritional yeast
- Boil the noodles according to package directions. Once boiled, strain & rinse with cold water so they don’t stick.
- Lay the noodles on a cutting board. Stuff each noodle sheet with 1 tbsp. cashew cheese, top with garlic, nutritional yeast, dried herbs & cilantro & roll them, pressing gently so they stay shut.
- Preheat your oven to 325F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Place the cannelloni on the baking sheet & bake for 15 minutes at 325F.
- Remove from heat & enjoy!!