Talk about a bowl of vitamin C, fibre & antioxidants!
This was the PERFECT post-workout breaky today! It’s deliciously naturally sweet, creamy, thick, comforting & so filling + satisfying! The best part about a breakfast like this is that you prep it the night before in under 5 minutes & in the morning, all you gotta do is get creative with toppings & enjoy! It’s great if you get home from the gym famished, like me, but also amazing to take with you to work or school in the morning when you’re rushing!
I topped it with bee pollen, some fresh blueberries, frozen banana slices & Ceylon cinnamon. I find the frozen banana adds such a delicious creamy touch to the bowl that you don’t get from it when it’s fresh! I actually like to freeze bananas on the reg when I meal prep because I love the way they mix with oats & Greek yogurt, two of my go-to breaky foods!
If you’re wondering what on earth açai is, it’s basically a Brazilian superfood that packs a ton of vitamin C, E & antioxidants. It’s also really high in fibre & great for boosting metabolism, burning fat, healthy weight maintenance, boosting energy & endurance & giving your immune system just the boost it needs to fight off disease-invading particles, toxins & to keep you glowing from the inside out!
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup homemade almond milk (+ 1-2 tbsp. more as needed)
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp. organic chia seeds
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tbsp. organic açai powder
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries (Use fresh if you prefer but I love the way the frozen ones blend with the oats!)
- TOPPINGS: Frozen banana, bee pollen & blueberries with Ceylon cinnamon
- The night before, add all the ingredients (except the berries) to a small container or Tupperware & mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Seal the container & refrigerate overnight to thicken.
- In the morning, pour the oats into a bowl, top with desired toppings & enjoy!