I’ll let these photos speak for themselves. But I don’t think I need to do much convincing anyway… YOU, your kids, hubby/wifey, friends, family, EVERYONE needs these in their life.
Whoever said healthy cookie dough didn’t exist… FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE. These bars are the raw evidence. I don’t know about you guys but I used to eat the Pillsbury cookie dough straight out of the freezer. In hindsight, I realize it most probably has eggs in it & that probably wasn’t the best or healthiest idea, but YOLO. Now, I’m a tad more health conscious so I’ve recreated my childhood dream of living side by side with Pillsbury in my freezer, only now… I COULD EAT THIS RAW & IT’S NOT BAD FOR ME! And it’s just as delish!
I used Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to dose them up with amino acids, protein, beauty-boosting, gut-healing & energizing perks & threw in some vegan dark chocolate chips for good measure! They’re chewy, creamy, luscious, velvety, crunchy, crumbly, delicious & yes, nutritious! THEY ARE EVERYTHING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN COOKIE DOUGH.
Plus, it’s so easy to make… you have no excuse! You can even stuff the batter into ice cube trays to make smaller portions if you prefer or you can choose to slice them into whatever size your heart desires once they’ve firmed up!
They’re gluten, dairy & refined sugar-free & you can even make them vegan or nut-free if you swap the collagen for your favourite vegan protein powder & the almond butter for your favourite seed butter or coconut butter. I always recommend adding a tad more sweetener (whether it be the coconut flower syrup or vanilla) when using seed butters because I find them a little more savoury than nut butters!
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup Vital Proteins collagen peptides (or vegan protein powder of choice)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or other nut, seed butter or coconut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup (or maple or yacon syrup)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined & incorporated. There should be no leftover flour/collagen & the dough should be sticky enough to press into a loaf pan.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil & press the batter into the pan, making sure to fill the sides & corners. Pat the top down with the back of a spoon or you fingers to make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- Remove from the freezer, let thaw for about 3 minutes & gently slice through the loaf to create bars of your desired size. You can also create cookie dough cubes, if you prefer smaller portions.
- Keep them in the freezer & let them thaw for about 2 minutes right before eating them! They thaw quickly, so it’s best to leave them in the freezer to preserve freshness!