Whether you’re looking for something cheesy, silky, nut-free, oil-free, smooth, green, nutritious, delicious, creamy, plant-based, simple & easy to make & full of flavour, this pesto has your back!
GREEN PEAS are a great source of vitamin K (crucial for bone health), fibre (for gut, digestive system & heart health), vitamin C, antioxidants & energizing, cognitive-boosting, skin-healing B-vitamins! They also pack a pretty punch when it comes to iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc + protein. They’ve also been shown to help regulate blood sugar, boost liver function, immunity + fight aging.
Ge excited to spread this pesto on your #toastgoals, crackers, rice cakes or to use it as a topping for your fave meat, seafood or poultry dish, as a dip for veggies or tortilla chips or as a sauce for pasta, bowls or kale salads!
- 1 cup frozen organic green peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husks
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed spinach, kale, basil, cilantro or parsley
- 1-2 tbsp. water or almond milk, to thin out
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined & incorporated.
- If you’re having trouble blending, add 1-2 tbsp. of water (1 at a time) to thin it out. The pesto should be silky & smooth, with a little bit of chunks!
- If you prefer it completely smooth, add more water or almond milk until desired consistency is obtained.
- Store in an airtight container & refrigerate.