TODAY’S LUNCH: SWEET + SAVOURY TOAST! I mean, did you even really have a doubt? These #toastgoals are legit becoming my fave breaky & lunch combos because they’re so simple, fun & easy to put together & a great opportunity for me to get in tons of fibre, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants & of course, satisfy both my sweet & salty tooth!
So what beautiful concoction did I put together today?
THING 1: Sesame Ezekiel toast topped with homemade hummus, homemade pickled onions + dried parsley flakes
THING 2: Same bread (DUH!) topped with Eden Foods organic apple butter, peach slices, organic chia seeds & a drizzle of coconut flower syrup.
Here’s what you need to make it!
FOR TOAST #1:
- 2 slices Ezekiel sprouted sesame toast
- 1 tbsp. homemade hummus (click here for the recipe)
- Homemade pickled onions (recipe here) OR fermented veggies/sauerkraut or kimchi
- Dried parsley flakes
FOR TOAST #2:
- 1 tbsp. organic apple butter
- 1/2 small peach, sliced
- Chia seeds for sprinkling
- A drizzle of coconut flower syrup (or maple syrup or raw organic unpasteurized honey)
- Toast your bread.
- Top each toast with the toppings in the order listed above.
- ENJOY! 🙂