It’s summer, I know! But it’s cloudy AF in Montreal & I was craving something hot & yummy before my spin circuit class. Craving satisfied with THIS.
Here’s a great alternative to coffee when the clock hits 4:00PM & you realize you’ve had one too many. Been there. Done that. It’s silky, creamy, rich, smooth, frothy & chocolatey with a little touch of spice!
If you like chai, you know all about cardamom, an Indian spice thats bold & smoky & the perfect add on to something sweet! It also boosts digestion, immunity & detoxification from our cells.
As for cacao, when it’s the real, raw kind, it’s full of antioxidants & acts as a neurotransmitter encouraging brain function & boosting mood.
- 3/4 cup homemade vanilla flax milk
- 1/4 cup water (or more milk for a creamier consistency)
- 1 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Splash of yacon or maple syrup
- OPTIONAL: 1/2-1 tsp. coconut sugar for a sweeter hot cocoa
- Add the ingredients (except the yacon syrup) to a small skillet & heat over low heat.
- Whisk until ingredients are combined.
- Continue stirring to blend & remove any clumps. Allow to simmer lightly for a couple minutes.
- When it’s just about heated through, splash some yacon or maple syrup.
- Remove from the heat, pour into a mug & ENJOY!