This salad is bomb. ‘NUFF SAID.
Just kidding. It’s NEVER enough with me. Have you met me?
NO, but seriously… YOU NEED THIS SALAD IN YOUR LIFE. Whether it be for brunch, lunch, dinner, snack, WHATEVER, WHENEVER, YOU NEED IT! It’s crispy, crunchy, satisfying, savoury but just the right amount of naturally sweet, full of antioxidants, fibre, plant-based protein, good carbs & healthy fats. There really is NOTHING you won’t love about this salad: taste-wise, texture-wise, health benefit-wise, EVERYTHING-WISE!
What can radicchio do for your health?
Of course, that’s exactly what you were wondering, right? I know.
It’s full of antioxidants, it’s anti-microbial, balances blood sugar levels, strengthens brain health, reduces high blood pressure, boosts gut & eye health, supports a healthy liver + promotes bile production, cleanses + detoxifies the colon, promotes healthy weight maintenance, lowers bad cholesterol & contains tons of vitamin K, which promotes healthy bones.
What else is in here?
- slivered raw organic almonds
- sun-dried organic green raisins
And the dressing?
- apple cider vinegar
- coconut aminos
- nutritional yeast
- minced onion
- celtic sea salt + black pepper
Here’s how to make it!
INGREDIENTS (For 1 huge salad or 2 more reasonable ones!):
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 small head of radicchio, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp. raw organic slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp. organic sun-dried green raisins (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 pear, cubed
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Season the salad directly in the bowl & toss until the ingredients are coated.
- ENJOY! 🙂