BOY DO I HAVE A SWEET SURPRISE FOR YOU! No pun intended. These are sweet potatoes, DUH… but they’re also a freaking sweet surprise. Let me explain why. The combination of the lemon with the smokiness of the smoked paprika & the savouriness of the garlic powder complements the natural sweetness of the potato to perfection. LEGIT, TO PERFECTION. You guys are going to OD (a.k.a. overdose) on these potatoes. And hey, you can do so guilt-free, BECAUSE SWEET POTATOES ARE SO NUTRITIOUS.
Not only is their bright orange colour an indication of all the antioxidants & vitamin C they contain, but they’re also full of plant-based protein, fibre & good carbs. They are a great step up from regular white potatoes when you’re trying to incorporate some healthier changes into your life, NOT TO MENTION I FIND THE ARE THAT MUCH MORE DELISH!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed & skin on
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 huge tbsp. raw organic yellow mustard
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Cut up your sweet potatoes into little cubes, keeping the skin on (I find this makes the potatoes crispier when they’re roasted).
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl & season with all the other ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the seasoned potato cubes on the baking sheet & bake for 35-40 minutes, until roasted, cooked through & softened (but not mushy).
- Broil on high for 3-5 minutes, but make sure to watch them closely so they don’t burn!