There’s nothing like sipping on a refreshing, cold & nutritious post-workout shake in the summer, who feels me? This one legit reminds me of soft-serve chocolate ice cream!!! I mean, that should be enough to convince you to make it. WHO DIDN’T GROW UP WITH SOFT-SERVE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM?!
Avocado is a GREAT way to add healthy fats, fibre & antioxidants to smoothies, while cutting back on sugar content! I knew I wanted to incorporate 1/2 a banana in this shake because I love the mix of cacao + banana but I didn’t want to overload it with tons of other fruit since the banana is already higher in sugar. The avocado is the answer: it helps cut sugar content, but also adds flavour, texture & nutrition so you really can’t go wrong with it!
This smoothie is thick, rich, creamy, satisfying, so tasty, full of naturally sweet flavour, antioxidants, magnesium, iron, zinc, protein, amino acids & collagen! It’s muscle-repairing & strengthening, skin glowing & gut healing all in one!
I also added some ashwagandha for energy & to soothe my mind & a heaping tablespoon of Greek yogurt to add a bit more creaminess & protein to the mix!
I topped it with cacao nibs because I freaking love them & they’re a great way to get in a good ‘ol dose of chocolate (as if I needed more. YES YES, I DID!!!) without any added sugar.
ALSO, did you guys know that cacao nibs:
- contain 40x the antioxidants of bluberries
- are the highest plant-based source of iron
- are full of magnesium for a healthy gut, heart, brain & strong muscles
- contain more calcium than cow’s milk
- are a natural mood elevator & anti-depressant?
I MEAN… THE QUESTION IS, WHY WOULDN’T YOU TOP YOUR SMOOTHIE WITH THEM?!
- 1/2 cup homemade vanilla flax milk or other homemade/store-bought plant-based milk or regular milk
- 5-7 ice cubes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed organic greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp. ashwagandha root powder
- 1 scoop Collagen peptides
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- TOPPINGS: Raw organic cacao nibs & Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the ingredients to your blender, blend until combined & smooth.
- Pour into a glass, top with desired toppings & enjoy!