Here’s yet another easy, DELISH, simple + nutritious lunch idea for you! Can you tell I LOVE avocados?! They’re one of the main ways I get my healthy fats in daily! And I’m sure that’s something you guys have noticed, especially when it comes to my lunch recipes, toasts, bowls & salads!
JUST 1 AVOCADO provides 40.2% RDV fibre, 30.3% folate, 22.9% B6, 20.7% vitamin E, vitamin C + potassium & 35% vitamin K.
Avocados also promote heart health, fight inflammation, boost immunity & increase absorption of carotenoids (antioxidants) by 200-400%, promote blood sugar regulation & fight the signs of aging in skin, joints, muscles, hair, nails & tissues.
This recipe is super easy & simple to prepare & makes for a great lunch option when you have a long day ahead & want to make sure to stay full, without feeling overly heavy! You can also make this as an appetizer or side dish if you’re having guests over since the presentation is so pretty & the taste is so BOMB. Your guests will adore you!
- 1 ripe avocado, halved
- 7-10 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro or parsley
- Juice from one large lemon
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Cut your avocado in half & discard the pit.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl & mix until combined & seasoned.
- Stuff the avocado halves with the salad & sprinkle black pepper.
- Enjoy! 🙂