If you’re looking for a recipe for roasted veggies that will actually HELP relieve your bloating, all while providing tons of fibre, vitamins, minerals, plant protein & antioxidants, here it is!
Whether you suffer from a diagnosed gut health issue or not or you experience frequent bloating, this recipe is super simple, contains minimal ingredients (& no garlic or onion, which can be irritants for some!) & totally delicious!
The capsaicin in cayenne reduces gas & bloating because it increases the flow of digestive enzymes through the intestines. It also kills the bad bacteria in our guts that may be one of the leading causes of our digestive issues.
Coconut vinegar contains tons of beneficial probiotics, enzymes & B complex vitamins, which also makes it great for relieving digestive issues. It’s a great way to incorporate more fermented-rich food into your diet because you can literally add it to any & all recipes, marinades, vinaigrettes, dressings, sauces, dips, etc.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, florets only
- 4-5 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 20 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup organic coconut vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the veggies to a bowl & season with the dressing ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Place the veggies on the baking sheet & bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes once baked.