Y’all know I’m a sucker for a good homemade sauce or pesto, right? This VEGAN 2-STEP EASY MARINARA is no exception! There’s nothing like homemade pasta sauce! Who feels me?! I know you do.
I’m actually so excited to share this recipe with you babes! And get this… you need just a skillet & your food processor!
- No hour long prep.
- No arm workout to get those tomatoes mashed.
- Just simple, easy & clean homemade sauce!
- No added sugar or table salt.
- No preservatives. No fillers.
- Just real food.
Next time you’re at the grocery store, turn the jar of pasta sauce you’re about to buy over to see all the added & very unnecessary (in my opinion anyway) ingredients. You’ll be shocked! Most store-bought pasta sauces contain table salt, added refined sugars & gums & preservatives to prolong shelf life. When you can make something this delicious & nutritious in the comfort of your own home that does not contain any of those additives, why wouldn’t you!?
It’s thick, rich, chunky, full of flavour & super versatile! You can use it with your fave pasta or zoodles, as pizza sauce, in tortillas or wraps, meatballs or to thicken soups! Yes, you read right. THERE ARE THAT MANY WAYS TO USE THIS SAUCE!
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. dried basil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Huge handful of fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup organic no-salt added tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Add the ingredients to a large skillet & heat over medium-high heat. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to make sure the ingredients don’t stick or burn, until cooked through, onions are transluscent, tomatoes are & browned & herbs are wilted, about 12-15 minutes.
- Once the tomato mixture is cooked through, add it to the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender & blend until combined. I personally like to keep mine a bit chunky, but blend for longer if you prefer a more silky smooth sauce.
- Once ready, let it cool off a bit in the food processor/blender & then, pour into a glass jar or plastic container & refrigerate.
- ENJOY! 🙂