GUYS, I’M SO EXCITED!
Yes, roasted chicken gets me excited & that’s because it was my first attempt & let’s just say it was successful, to say the least!
TBH, I had no idea what I was doing but I nailed it. Sometimes, you just gotta go out on a whim! I mean, I do roast veggies at least twice a week (I’m obsessed), but I guess there’s a slight difference between veggies & chicken, right?
So here’s what I’ve got for you today… ROASTED LEMON DIJON GARLICKY CHICKEN ON A BED OF ONION & CELERY!!
- Simple ingredients
- Minimal prepraration
- Full of flavour: a perfect blend of citrus, garlic, spices & herbs!
I kept the seasonings really simple, as you can see, but you can use my base & cooking instructions as a guide & season yours however you like! If you prefer something a little more BBQ or smokey, I’d add in some smoked paprika, coconut aminos, chilli powder, cayenne, cumin, Sriracha & even some jalapeno peppers if you want extra spice!
What’s great about this dish is that you if you meal prep it for the week, you’ll have tons of chicken on hand & a million different possibilities for how you can incorporate it into your recipes from salads to bowls to soups to wraps, sandwiches & simply as is with a side of good grains & veggies!
This recipe also makes for a great crowd-pleaser if you’re hosting! It’s a one stop shop, looks great when it’s fresh out the oven & it’s super presentable, not to mention, you’ll wow just about anyone’s tastebuds!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper chilli flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350F & set a roasting dish aside. Make sure it’s deep so that the liquid doesn’t pour over when it roasts.
- Place the carrots & onions in the dish, then top them with the chicken.
- Pour the lemon juice & over the chicken & then rub the Dijon mustard & garlic all over the chicken until it’s pretty much coated.
- Season the chicken with the parsley, sea salt & black pepper.
- Roast for 1 hour & 15 minutes, checking on it every now & then, until the top is browned & roasted. Broil it for a few minutes once roasted if you like it extra crispy!