In case you were wondering, this isn’t just any shredded salad. This one’s infused with TONS of added fibre from psyllium husks, an ingredient I love to throw into any & all recipes, sweet or savoury, to add gut-healing & digestive-boosting perks.
I also added nutritional yeast to make the dressing creamy & enrich the salad with plant protein & energizing B complex vitamins. AND.. wait for it… I also threw in some of my Grain-Free “Siete” Nacho Chip Dupes a.k.a. Healthier Doritos, I Swear! (P.S. It’s Pizza Crust-Friendly Too!) as a healthier & more nutrient-dense alternative to croutons!
If I had to describe this salad in just a few words, it’s crispy, crunchy, nutritious & absolutely delicious! AND, of course, how could I forget?! It’s oil, gluten, grain, dairy + refined sugar free, dressing included!
If you prefer to make this salad a little heartier, you can also throw in another protein source. IMO, chopped egg, tuna, shredded chicken or ground turkey would work great with the rest of the ingredients! If you do happen to try it out with an extra protein source, please feel free to share how you amped it up in the comments below!
The ingredients listed below are for a big single-serve meal-sized salad, so keep that in mind when you’re preparing it & up your quantities based on how many people you plan to serve! You can also make it as a side dish if you are having guests over & you’re looking for a fresh salad idea!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 handful kale, chopped
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tbsp. raw unsalted almonds, crushed
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 red delicious apple, cubed
- 4-5 Grain-Free “Siete” Nacho Chip Dupes a.k.a. Healthier Doritos, I Swear! (P.S. It’s Pizza Crust-Friendly Too!)
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. coconut vinegar
- Juice from a lemon
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl & toss to combine.
- Season with the dressing ingredients in the same bowl. Toss again to coat.
- If you’re adding in an additional protein source, add it in now & toss gently.
- Top with more nutritional yeast & black pepper.