I’m sure you realized that this smoothie is a little more minimalistic & different than my usual ones but I felt I needed it today after a really intense week at the gym! Nothing like anti-inflammatory greens & spices to soothe my muscles, promote easier recovery & give me a great boost to start my weekend!
What’s in it?
- Green Apple
- Ceylon Cinnamon
- Filtered water
Let’s break down some of the benefits & the WHY I put these ingredients in my smoothie today!
- Celery is full of fibre, antioxidants, beneficial enzymes, vitamin K, C, potassium, calcium, manganese folate & other B complex vitamins. It boosts immunity, gut, heart & respiratory health, reduces inflammation in the body, promotes glowy skin!
- Ginger helps relieve inflammation, reduces gas, bloating & other digestive health issues, lowers blood sugar, prevents nausea, fights bacterial & fungal infections, boosts immunity & helps soothe the muscles.
- Parsley is a great source of vitamin K, C & A, folate & iron. It has volatile oil compounds & tons of antioxidants in the form of flavonoids. The volatile oils make it amazing for digestive health & detoxification. It’s also great for eye & heart health, helps balance bodily fluids, fights inflammation & boosts immunity.
- Lemon helps balance the body’s pH levels, detoxifies & energizes the body, purifies the blood, heals the skin & provides MORE antioxidants & anti-inflammatory perks!
- Cucumber – KEEP THE PEEL ON! The flesh of cucumbers in rich in vitamin A, C & folic acid, while the hard skin is where most of the fibre content is & is also rich in magnesium & potassium. Cucumber also contains silica, a trace mineral that naturally boosts collagen production, strengthens connective tissues, helps repair & build muscles, joints & tissues & boosts skin health.
- Chlorophyll is amazing for liver health & detoxification, speeds up wound healing, boosts digestion, promotes healthy weight maintenance, fights certain types of disease & cancer, boosts skin health, contains tons of antioxidants & fights inflammation in all areas of the body.
- Apple… you know what they say, AN APPLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOC AWAY! Apples contain tons of cancer-fighting antioxidants, add natural sweetness & fibre to the smoothie, fight inflammation, heart disease & boost digestive health. Their high fibre content makes them filling, satisfying, diabetes-friendly & great for healthy weight maintenance. They are also a great source of skin-glowing vitamin C!
- Ceylon cinnamon contains tons of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, protects the heart, fights diabetes, prevents cognitive decline & protects brain function & fights infection & viruses. It’s also a great way to freshen breath naturally!
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- Juice from one large lemon
- 1 small cucumber (sliced with peel on)
- 1/2 Golden Delicious apple
- A few drops of chlorophyll
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Pour into a tall glass & ENJOY! 🙂