I don’t know about you guys but when I start with a bag of Siete Foods grain-free chips, I can’t stop. ESPECIALLY THE NACHO ONES. I’m not mad at it because the ingredients are probably the cleanest I’ve ever seen on a bag of chips but y’all know I like to get adventurous in the kitchen, so I tried to recreate them!
And let me tell ya, I nailed it! You’ll love them plain or with salsa, guac, cashew cheese spread or as a swap for croutons in salads & bowls!
They’re cheesy but dairy-free, grain, gluten, oil, table salt, dairy + refined sugar free, paleo, crispy, crunchy, DELISH, clean, healthy & SO EASY to make, you’ll be running to your pantry STAT.
The base is made with ALMOND & COCONUT FLOUR! The combination of the two legit makes for a very dense, yet still crumbly texture & bakes to perfection! I threw in tons of savoury spices to give these chips the kick they need & of course, nutritional yeast to make them super cheesy & nutty, sans dairy!
You can actually use this recipe for more things than just chips, depending on how thin or thick you slice the dough! You can make big or small crackers, crisp breads or… get this… YOU CAN USE IT FOR PIZZA CRUST! HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT? Once the batter is flattened out on the parchment paper, all you gotta do is bake it whole as opposed to slicing it into crackers or chips.
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1.5 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the dough ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until uniform & a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a ball & place it on the parchment lined baking sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper over it & gently press down on it with a measuring cup (or use a rolling pin) to flatten it out. The flatter you make it, the crispier your chips! Keep it a bit thicker if you prefer crackers.
- Once flattened, remove the top piece of parchment & cut the dough into your desired chip/cracker size or keep it whole for pizza crust.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until browned & crispy.
- Remove from the oven, let cool & enjoy! 😋
- If you’re making pizza, top the crust with your fave toppings & bake or broil it again for a couple minutes!