What if I told you this cookie is LOADED with fibre & plant-based protein but tastes so delicious, you’d think it was bought in a bakery?!
THAT’S WHAT I’M TELLING YOU!
They’re crumbly on the outside & moist & chewy on the inside, bursting with cinnamon & coconut flavour with chunks of honeycrisp apple for natural sweetness.
They’re basically apple pie 2.0 in cookie form without the gluten, refined flour + sugar & shortening.
All you need:
- MINIMAL ingredients, time & effort!
- ONE BOWL!
…. & just like that, a perfect cookie is born!
BTW, if you don’t have buckwheat flour, don’t panic. You can still make these babies! Simply substitute the buckwheat flour for any other gluten-free flour or blend. I recommend:
- Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- Brown Rice Flour
- Quinoa Flour
- Chickpea Flour
- Oat flour
- Millet flour
I also used Naked Coconuts new Coco-Ghee in this recipe. If you don’t have it, GET IT AS SOON AS IT HITS THE SHELVES. And if you still don’t have it? WORRY NOT. You can replace it with coconut oil or coconut butter! But I seriously recommend trying it. It’s a mix of just organic ghee & organic extra-virgin coconut oil so you get all the benefits of short & medium chain fatty acids for your liver, brain & energy levels! Plus, you get a good dose of vitamin K from the ghee!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup organic sprouted buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp. Naked Coconuts coconut ghee (available in stores soon) or other ghee / coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup (or maple / yacon syrup)
- 1 cup diced honeycrisp apple
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- Add the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Preheat your oven to 325F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the batter into 12 cookies, place on the baking sheet & gently flatten them.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes, until crumbly & browned on top.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate.