Your body is your haven. Treat it like it is.
You wouldn’t neglect a place of safety, shelter or refuge.
You don’t take for granted that you have a roof over your head & a car to take you from point A to B, so why neglect or take for granted the one haven that you’ve got nothing without?
I firmly believe that a healthy body & mind is the foundation for a healthy, happy, fulfilled & productive life.
As cliché as it sounds, your health is your greatest wealth.
Today, I inspire you to hold yourself accountable & engage in healthy lifestyle habits to take care of your body & mind.
Here are a few ways to start:
- Create healthy habits aimed at nourishing + healing your body & not restrictions or unrealistic expectations that punish it.
- Know that the mind & body go hand in hand. They’re not separate entities & what affects one inevitably affects the other. Prioritize your mental health as much as your physical health.
- Challenge your body & encourage it to work & move in new ways. Exposure is key to building physical & mental strength. Be open to new foods, workouts, habits, ways of thinking & learn from others.
- Divert your focus from numbers, measurements, pounds & grams. Focus most importantly on the way you feel & modulate behaviours & habits based on that as opposed to values on electronic devices that DO NOT give a clear or full picture of the state of your health.
- Know your worth & don’t let anybody take it away from you.
- Know that a healthy outside starts on the inside.
- Eat for health. Eating well is much easier & motivating when you know & understand WHY you’re nourishing your body with certain foods. Use your journey towards living healthier as an opportunity to educate yourself.
- Move your body for 30 minutes daily, even minimally! A sedentary lifestyle wreaks havoc on energy levels, healthy weight maintenance, gut health & mental function.
- Find peace with yourself, exactly where you are, right now & know that YOU ARE ENOUGH.
- Don’t overdo it or put too much pressure on yourself. Biting off more than you can chew is self-destructive long-term .
- Live in the moment.
- Take care of your gut & TRUST IT!
- Smile DAILY!
- And most importantly, LOVE YOURSELF FIRST!!