Talk about a meal-worthy salad, right?
Full of good carbs, fibre, easy on the digestive system, plant-based protein healthy fats, skin benefits + tons of antioxidants, this salad is sure to fill you up & make you feel great! It’s great for meal prep because there are so many different ways you can enjoy it so you won’t get sick of it!
PRO TIP: When buying sun-dried tomatoes & any dried fruit for that matter, it’s always best to make sure it’s unsweetened, unsulphured & contains no added ingredients! The ingredients list should list BUT ONE INGREDIENT: the fruit! When dried fruit is sulphured, preservatives are added to it in order for it to maintain its colour, prolong shelf life & look more appetizing to the human eye! In fact, dried fruit isn’t supposed to look very pretty & generally won’t be the same colour as the fruit in its original form. Read your labels!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup sprouted tricolour quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1/4 cup crumbled raw organic walnuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup organic sun-dried tomatoes
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions.
- Once cooked, set the quinoa aside to cool off.
- Prepare the other ingredients while you wait.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Season with olive oil, lemon, apple cider & spices. Toss to coat.