I know, you’re dying to ask… What on earth is coconut vinegar, right? Coconut trees are grown in nutrient-rich soil, which means the sap produced from tapping coconut blossoms is full of amino acids, vitamin C, B vitamins + fibre. It helps boost the body’s ability to fight infection, regulates blood sugar, increases energy, boosts digestion, regulates hormones, rejuvenates skin & has probiotic properties. I’d say it’s similar to apple cider vinegar in some ways so it’s definitely a nice way to add nutrition to recipes + marinades! I used the one by Buddha Brands!
The recipe for these babies is quite simple – I wanted something smoky so it’s packed with flavour, but with minimal ingredients! I love using roasted veggies in bowls, sandwiches, salads or simply as is or as side dishes!
- 3-4 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pack Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large yellow onion
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. SMOKED paprika
- 1/4 cup organic coconut vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic ginger rice vinegar (I used the brand Oolive Oil!)
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- TOPPINGS: Red pepper chilli flakes
- Add the ingredients to a large bowl & toss until all the veggies are coated.
- Preheat the oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the veggies on the baking sheet & bake for 20-25 minutes, until roasted but still crispy.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes, but watch closely!