Today, I got home from the gym & errands a bit later than usual so I snacked on two of these babies Grain-Free & Vegan Vanilla Latte Pecan Bites a.k.a. Who Knew You Could Get Your Caffeine Fix From A Scrumptiously Cute Little Ball, #AmIRight? & didn’t feel hungry for lunch until about 2:30PM. But when I got hungry, I had a craving for something cheesy! I had some zoodles ready in my fridge & figured I’d concoct a sauce to top them with & have a “pasta” lunch! AND OH BABY WAS IT EVER GOOD!
This sauce is easy, simple & quick to make (ready in 5 minutes!), it’s delicious, nutritious, rich & so creamy & cheesy, you’d never believe there’s no cheese in there! You can use it like I did over zucchini noodles, but it would also make for a great topping for vegan nachos or as a sauce for burritos, quesadillas, tortillas or any other type of pasta you prefer!
Zucchini noodles are a great way to incorporate more greens & veggies into your life! While zucchini is lower in carbs & protein than lentil or chickpea noodles (my other go-to’s), it has many other health benefits that shouldn’t go unnoticed!
- High in antioxidants, vitamin C + A, potassium, B vitamins (great for cognitive health, energy levels + skin health
- Super anti-inflammatory + very hydrating for the body + skin
- High in fibre + amazing for gut health
- It’s also great for asthma & respiratory health, eye health, removing toxins from the body & helps maintain healthy blood sugar + blood pressure levels
Keep in mind that the quantities mentioned below are for a single-serve portion, so up your ingredients based on how many people you are cooking for!
- 2 tbsp. organic raw tahini
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. organic yellow mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Sea salt + black pepper
- TOPPING: Organic dried herbs + more nutritional yeast
- Add all the sauce ingredients to your blender or NutriBullet & blend until combined & incorporated. The sauce should be creamy & pretty thick.
- If it’s too thick, thin it out with more lemon, filtered water or almond milk.
- If it’s too thin, thicken with more tahini or nutritional yeast.
- Pour over zucchini noodles or other pasta of your choice & top with dried herbs & more nutritional yeast.