Nothing smells more like spring than a sweet & savoury citrusy guac spread on my fave sprouted toast!
You can use it on nachos, tacos, crackers, rice cakes, tortillas, quesadillas, in bowls, massage your kale in it or use it as a topping for a beautifully grilled or BBQ’ed fish filet! One thing’s for sure, no matter how you use it, it’ll add a heck of a lot of flavour!
Mexican food has got to be one of my fave types of food! I’m all for tacos, quesadillas, burritos, tortillas… I MEAN, WHAT’S REALLY THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ANYWAY, #amIright? No but seriously, I do love Mexican food so it comes as no surprise that guac is one of my fave foods. I mean… AVOCADO!!!
Now, this isn’t just any guac. THIS IS MANGO GUAC. Yes, you read right, there’s FRESH MANGO in this baby & wow is it ever a good addition! It adds that perfect natural sweetness to the savoury creaminess of the avocado & the cilantro is the cherry on top! Nothing like fresh herbs to brighten up a dish & add tons of flavour!
Not only are mangoes DELISH, but they also offer so many health benefits:
- They contain a large amount of antioxidants, specifically, pectin, which boost immunity & fight certain types of cancer
- They help control blood sugar
- Their antioxidant + vitamin C content makes them super anti-aging & effective at boosting collagen production & fighting skin issues, such as acne or eczema. Their vitamin A content also makes them great for skin health
- They also contain a good amount of fibre, helping boost digestion, reduce LDL cholesterol & control blood sugar, as well as balance the body’s pH levels
- They are rich in minerals, such as potassium, magnesium & copper
- Due to their vitamin E, A, B6 & selenium content, they are also great for promoting heart health
- Their glutamine acid content makes them great for cognitive health & for keeping brain cells active
I mean, I’m sure you already knew mangoes were good for you, right? The same way you knew avocados were… BUT HAVE YOU MET ME? I always likE to give you guys a brief overview of some of the benefits of the star ingredients in my recIpes, so there you have it: MANGOES!
- 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 7-8 chunks frozen mango, cubed
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper
- 3-5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Sea salt + black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper, diced finely (use 1/2 for spicier guac!)
- Mash the avocado, then add the other ingredients to the same bowl. Mix until combined.
- Top on your fave bread to take your avo toast game to another level or use as you wish!
- It’s best served fresh but can be refrigerated for a day! ENJOY!!