Guys, this is a recipe you DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, want to miss. IT’S WILD, in the best possible way! Like, when I say wild, I mean it’ll make all your wildest dreams come true.
Just to give you a little tease… they are probably one of the crumbliest cookies I ever made, but wait… let the insides speak for themselves. Moist, chewy, chocolatey, nutty, coconut-y & absolutely DELISH! 😍
What’s in them? almond flour… coconut flour… hemp seeds… a teeny weeny bit of coconut sugar (like just 1 tbsp!!!!), vegan chocolate chips, ashwagandha for an adaptogen kick (I mean… cookies already make me happy, but ashwagandha takes it up a notch!), almond milk & melted coconut butter!
I’m always excited to share my recipes with you guys, but these… I’m BEYOND excited about! I know, it probably sounds like I say that about a lot of them, but I just can’t help it! It makes me so happy to be able to share my recipes with you guys not only because they’re yummy but because they’re also nutritious! AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO INSPIRE EACH OTHER THAN TO SHARE THE WEALTH (OR THE HEALTH? OR BOTH?). #HEALTHISWEALTH!
I used a blend of coconut & almond flour for these because I wanted to try to make something grain-free & TRY I DID… and guess what? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. The mix of coconut & almond flour has got to be one of my faves. I find the cookies always come out so crumbly on the outside but so chewy on the inside – it’s like, no matter what your preference, the cookies are BOUND TO MAKE YOU SMILE.
I usually use almond butter in my baked recipes but there’s just something about the way coconut butter melds with its flour counterpart & complements the nuttiness of the almond flour that had me reaching for my raw coconut butter. I also threw in some hemp seeds to add plant protein, fibre, healthy fats & tons of benefits for the skin, digestion & immunity. Seeds are a GREAT way to amp up your recipes & add in an extra dose of health without overpowering the recipe or making you feel overwhelmed!
They’re also very low in sugar… I’m talking… JUST 1 TBSP. OF ADDED NATURAL SUGAR in the form of COCONUT SUGAR! Yes, the chocolate chips do have sugar in them, but if you go vegan & dark, you’ll cut sugar content even more!
Another thing that’s great about these cookies… AS IF THERE WASN’T ALREADY ENOUGH TO RAVE ABOUT… is how quick & simple they are to make! Yes, that means that when the chocolate chip cookie craving kicks in, you can have these within 15 minutes!!!!!!
Wanna know how?
I know you do.
Let me tell you.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. ashwagandha (or other adaptogen powder of your choice!)
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic coconut butter, melted
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to a large mixing bowl & mix until fully combined & incorporated. You will have to get your hands in there to make sure the dough holds together if you try to roll it.
- If not, add a bit more almond milk, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. The texture might vary from recipe to recipe based on the almond & coconut flours you use. Some brands are more crumbly than others &/or absorb liquid more quickly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the cookies into 12 balls, place them on the baking sheet & gently flatten them with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, until slightly browned on the outside. They will firm up a bit more once they cool off, so don’t over-bake them, even if they look soft when they come out!
- Remove from the oven & let cool for about 10 minutes to let them finish firming up.
- ENJOY! 🙂