Can you tell that greens give me life?
I’d say a large majority of my meals are made up of vegetables & I wouldn’t have it any other way! They say to always have a rainbow on your plate & nothing could be more true.
The darker the greens, the less water & more chlorophyll they contain, while darker veggies like carrots, tomatoes, beets, bell peppers, purple cabbage, are richer in antioxidants, phytonutrients & beta-carotene they contain.
Chlorophyll & antioxidants are crucial for overall health, from boosting immunity, to promoting gut health, good digestion, cleansing the blood, detoxifying the liver, making skin glow, boosting collagen production & providing high amounts of fibre to keep you full, satisfied & protect the heart. Not to mention all the vitamins, calcium, iron & plant protein they contain.
The more antioxidants we consume, the more we increase our body’s ability to fight disease-causing particles, toxins, oxidative stress + damage. All this to say, LOAD ‘EM ON UP!
- 2 heads broccoli, just the florets
- 25-30 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- Juice from 3 large lemons
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup organic red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. dried rosemary
- Sea salt + black pepper
- Add the veggies to a large mixing bowl & season with all the ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Add the veggies to a large skillet & heat over high heat.
- Once the veggies begin to sizzle, lower the heat to medium-high & sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes, until veggies are cooked through, browned, but still crispy & all liquid has been absorbed.