Fibre-Enriched Spicy Honey Dijon Chicken Meatballs a.k.a. Crispy Deliciousness? Yes! Yes! Yes!
Last but most certainly not least on the meal prep menu for this week is these babes! POP ‘em in your mouth as is, use them in pasta or zucchini noodle dishes, bowls, salads, sandwiches or pita pockets! Super versatile, crispy on the outside, moist & full of flavour on the inside, they’ll throw a PARTAY IN ‘YO MOUTH!
And get this… they are FULL of fibre but you’d never know it! I swapped out traditional breadcrumbs for psyllium husks for fibre + gut health! I sweetened them lightly with raw organic honey to complement the savoury
- 1 package extra-lean ground chicken
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha
- 2.5 tbsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp. raw organic unpasteurized honey
- Sea salt + black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Roll into 16-20 meatballs (I made 16 medium ones) & place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until browned & crispy on the outside.