Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric-Roasted Parsnip Fries a.k.a. If Carrots & Potatoes Had A Baby… PARSNIPS!
Whoever said there was no such thing as a healthier French fry alternative ain’t never met these babes! 🤭
Parsnips?! What on earth is that, right? I always knew they were a little something like carrots, but TBH, I had never tried them until this recipe! AND OMG, I CAN’T BELIEVE I WAITED THIS LONG! They’re kind of like if carrots & potatoes had a baby, you feel me? You get the crispy crunchy satisfaction of carrots & the starchy-ness of potatoes… IT’S REALLY THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
PLUS, parsnips are very high in potassium, which reduces blood pressure & stress on the heart, thereby promoting heart health. They’re also high in fibre, good for the gut, lower cholesterol levels & reduce the risk of diabetes, boost immunity, promote oral health & support kidney function. They’re high in vitamin K, which promotes strong bones, vitamin C, folate & vitamin E, which boosts cell renewal in the body & is great for the skin!
These fries are simple, quick + easy to make, anti-inflammatory & antimicrobial thanks to the turmeric, crispy, crunchy & delicious as a side dish with a veggie burger, fish, seafood or devoured as is dipped in your fave Dijon mustard or ketchup!
They’re a much healthier alternative & lower in carbs than regular french fries so they’re a great way to stay on track & eat healthy throughout the week! I added them to a vegan buddha bowl I prepped today & they were so delicious & full of flavour…. THEY MADE THE BOWL!
- 1 bag of parsnips, sliced into fries
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Add the parsnips & seasonings to a mixing bowl & toss to coat.
- Preheat your oven to 375F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet. Spray with avocado oil & bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on size of fries. Start with 15 minutes & add more time, if they aren’t roasted yet.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 1-2 minutes to get the outsides browned & crispy.