Manuka Honey Apple Pie Antioxidant Energy Balls a.k.a. OH-MANUKA GOODNESS!
If you know, you know… Not a week goes by where I don’t prep some healthy energy balls or bars! Love having these ready after a workout & to keep me energized in between meals!
These are made with a few simple ingredients, full of nutritiousness, gluten-free + refined sugar-free! They’re full of fibre, plant protein, vitamin C, antioxidants & beauty boosting & gut healing benefits! And they’re so DELISH, they’ll remind you of apple pie!
Manuka honey is basically honey on steroids (not actually, but you catch my drift, right/). My fave one is by Wedderspoon! You can find it at most health food stores.
Its benefits range from relieving stomach acid + acid reflux, treating acne, eczema & promoting healthy youthful skin, contributing to dental health & gut health, boosting immunity & fighting off infection due to its anti-bacterial properties, fighting allergies, inflammation & reducing cholesterol, healing wounds, burns & sore throat.
That’s not all the goodness that’s in these babies though! They’re also loaded with gluten-free rolled oats, which are full of fibre, antioxidants, skin + immunity-boosting antioxidants, fibre & good carbs! And wait… as if that fibre wasn’t enough, I also used a full Red Delicious apple for natural sweetness & MORE FIBRE a.k.a. MORE GUT HEALTH! The cinnamon adds more antibacterial perks & fights inflammation in the body, while the almond butter adds healthy fats.
NOT BAD, RIGHT? I know! Insane, if I do say so myself!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1.5-2 tbsp. manuka honey
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 red delicious apple, diced
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp. organic unsweetened almond milk (Add 1 tbsp. & see if you need another based on the consistency of the batter)
- Add the ingredients to a large bowl & mix with your hands until fully combined. You should be able to roll the batter into a ball & it should hold together.
- Place the balls on a parchment-lined plate & refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- Once firm, store in an airtight container & refrigerate (or freeze if you want them to last longer).
- Drizzle with some more honey or almond butter & enjoy!