Gluten-Free Mixed Berry Collagen Breaky Oats a.k.a. Your Oatmeal Dream Come True!
I’m so fortunate that Vital Proteins sent me their Mixed Berry Collagen, which also contains probiotics & Hyaluronic acid. I’ve been dying to try it but haven’t gotten around to it, until today!!!
After two intense workouts this morning, you can be sure I needed the refuel, amino acids, protein + collagen for muscle recovery! I was CRAVING something comforting too, so… OATS! I mean, whoever said oats weren’t comfort food ain’t never tried a bowl of KITK oats, okay?
The recipe is simple: you add oats, almond milk, vanilla, collagen + Ceylon cinnamon to a skillet. You bring it to a boil, simmer it until the liquid is absorbed & the oats are thick, creamy & cooked through.
Then, the fun part: you top your bowl with all the goods, aka TOPPINGS! I topped mine with Hu Kitchen hazelnut butter dark chocolate, banana slices, frozen blueberries, bee pollen for antioxidants, energy, gut health + an immunity boost & psyllium husks for added fibre, gut health & to make this bowl of deliciousness even more filling!
If you want to know more about bee pollen & its health benefits, click here: What In The World Is Bee Pollen? Why It’s One of The World’s Most Nutritious Foods & BONUS RECIPE: KITK’s Glow-From-The-Inside-Out Chocolate Collagen Bee Pollen Bites!
And all about collagen? I GOTCHU! Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
AND YES… I HAD CHOCOLATE FOR BREAKFAST! Only God can judge me, okay? And just by the way… when you add the chocolate to a bowl of warm oats, there’s no words for the way it melts… H.E.A.V.E.N.L.Y.
Basically, if you’re looking for a warm, comforting, delicious, healthy, nutritious, filling, satisfying, beauty-boosting, gut-healing, immunity-enhancing, fibre-full, energy-boosting, antioxidant-rich, CHOCOLATEY breakfast? This bowl has you covered in just about every department!
BTW, if you’re vegan, worry not… simply swap the collagen for your fave vegan protein powder & you’re good to go! The rest of the recipe is completely vegan!
Without further ado, because let’s be honest, you just want the recipe stat, let’s get to the nitty-gritty.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (or any homemade plant-based milk or regular milk)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Mixed Berry Collagen Peptides (or regular Collagen Peptides or vegan protein of choice)
- TOPPINGS: 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp. bee pollen, a few chunks of your fave dark chocolate bar & frozen blueberries or other berries of choice.
- Add the oats, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon & collagen to a small skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower heat to medium & cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring every now & then with a wooden or rubber spatula, until the oats are cooked through & all liquid has been absorbed. Oats should be thick & creamy.
- Plate the oats in a bowl, top with desired toppings & ENJOY! 🙂