I started reincorporating my jade roller into my skincare routine & I’m already feeling a difference, mostly reduced puffiness & less tension in my facial muscles.
If I had to describe it in two words, I’d say it’s a facial massage. Facial muscles store a lot of tension, which overtime, lead to wrinkles & fine lines. Jade rolling is a simple & easy step to add to your routine post-serums/oil application & pre-moisturizing. It’s always best to wait anywhere between 5 & 7 minutes between the time you apply your serums & oils and your moisturizer, so jade rolling is the perfect thing to do in while you wait (because let’s be honest, it can get quite annoying & boring to wait while doing absolutely nothing, right?).
Jade rollers are made from solid jade stone & have been used by empresses & members of high society in China since the 17th century! (BTW, yes, I’m talking REAL JADE STONE! When purchasing your jade roller, always make sure it is 100% authentic jade stone. A lot of companies will actually sell glass rollers & term them “jade rollers”, when in reality it’s not the real thing).
The tool generally features a larger stone for cheeks, jaw & forehead and a smaller stone for under the eyes and around the mouth. To use it, you simply apply gentle pressure while rolling the tool from the center of your face in upward and outward motions.
Why on earth should you waste your precious time jade rolling, you ask?
Ah, right… THE BENEFITS?
- Promotes circulation, which plumps & firms the skin & helps detoxify clogged pores.
- Helps serums & oils seep into the skin better, so you get optimal absorption & results.
- The cooling effect helps de-puff & reduce inflammation in the skin as it stimulates lymphatic drainage & boosts the natural detoxification process & unclogs pores.
- Soothes & calms irritated skin.
- Brightens the skin & tightens pores.
- Fights the signs of aging by relieving tension in the face & boosting collagen production.
- Relieves headaches & blocked sinus congestion or pain.
- Minimizes breakouts in chin/jaw area due to toxin build-up.
- Brings energy to the face & purifies & normalizes the nerve system.
- Reduces dark circles because it boosts blood flow.
- Helps define the jaw line.
- It’s a simple & easy form of self-care that your face & body deserves! Show them some AMORE!!!
Oh but of course, you want some KITK TIPS!
- I store mine in the freezer for an extra chilly effect to boost de-puffing benefits.
- I use mine post-serum/oils while I wait to moisturize.
- When using, always use upwards & outward motions, about 5-10 strokes in each area. Start from the center of the neck, then along the jaw line & along the forehead rolling outward. Basically, work around the facial contours & use a bit more pressure with the upwards motion to lift the facial muscles.
- I use the smaller end under my eyes because it really lets me get into the inner crease of my under-eye.
- I get mine at Le Brow Bar in Montreal, but you can easily purchase one online off Amazon. Click the link at the bottom of this page to be redirected to my Amazon page, with all my fave products & go-to’s!
- I wash it with Dr. Bronner’s Castille Baby Soap.