Got a chocolate craving? I GOTCHU!
These babes are so delicious, you’ll forget Godiva chocolate strawberries even exist! They take 5 minutes to make & they’re super easy to prep!
The hardest part? Waiting for them to firm up!
They make for a perfect sweet snack & a great gift for your honey or your mom for Mother’s Day!
If coconut isn’t your thing, you can dip them in crumbled nuts or seeds & even cacao nibs for double the chocolate & double the fun! And, if you rather white or milk chocolate, feel free to modify the recipe to your liking & simply swap the dark chocolate chips for white or milk ones!
Just to give you guys an idea of how clean these are, here are the ingredients in the Godiva chocolate-covered strawberries. So many unnecessary ingredients are used simply to preserve them. Why not make them yourself & enjoy the cleaner version in the comfort of your own home?
“Strawberries in Milk Chocolate: Strawberries, Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Unsweetened Chocolate, Skim Milk, Milk, Butter Oil, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Natural Flavor.
Strawberries in Dark Chocolate: Strawberries, Bittersweet Chocolate (Unsweetened Chocolate (Processed With Alkali), Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Butteroil, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Natural Flavor, Milk.”
Okay, so they contain refined white sugar, skim milk, milk, butter, oil, soy lecithin & natural flavour… why though? My version contains just vegan dark chocolate chips, strawberries, organic unsweetened shredded coconut & PURE ORGANIC natural vanilla extract!
And trust me, I used to have a severe obsession with the Godiva ones & these ones measure up!!!
- 1 cup Enjoy Life vegan dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 pint strawberries (keep the stems on to make dipping easier)
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Organic unsweetened shredded coconut for dipping
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method OR in 30-second increments in your microwave, until silky, smooth & creamy.
- Add the vanilla & mix to combine.
- Line a plate or baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Dip the strawberries one by one in the chocolate mix holding them gently by the stem, then dip half or all of them in the shredded coconut.
- Place on the plate/baking sheet & repeat until all strawberries are coated.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Store in an airtight container for optimal freshness & enjoy!