Want a thick & creamy lusciously delicious chocolatey smoothie bowl full of nutrition, collagen & so perfectly thick & textured that it reminds you of chocolate ice cream? YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE.
It’s so bursting with chocolate flavour that you’d never know theres butternut squash, avocado & spinach in it.
I absolutely LOVE the concept of fruit-free smoothies because it means I can have more fun with toppings without overdoing sugar content! Natural sugar is obviously better than refined, but it’s always fun to find ways to cut back on sugar & dose up on other wholesome nutritious foods without sacrificing flavour. THIS SMOOTHIE BOWL IS NO EXCEPTION!
It’s loaded with energy-boosting, mood-uplifting, iron & magnesium-rich cacao powder, leafy greens, calcium, collagen, vitamin C, antioxidants, fibre, healthy fats, gut-healing foods, vitamin A, E, natural sweetness & anti-inflammatory benefits. It makes for the perfect breaky, lunch or post-workout refuel & keeps you full & satisfied.
You’ll ADORE it so much, you’ll want to make it again tomorrow. It’s so versatile that you can change it up a bit everyday to suit it to your mood & tastebuds – switch up toppings, swap spinach for kale, butternut squash for cauliflower or zucchini, almond milk for cashew or coconut milk & psyllium husks for another superfood powder, like chlorella, matcha, spirulina, ashwagandha or chaga.
- To read more about the benefits of collagen, click here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
- To read more about the benefits of healthier sweetener & sugar alternatives, click here: The Nitty-Gritty on Healthy Sugar Alternatives & Substitutes a.k.a. Nobody-Said-You-Couldn’t-Curb-Them-Sugar-Cravings-Just-Curb-‘Em-Wisely!
I really hope you guys love it as much as I do!
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 heaping tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- Huge handful of spinach
- 1 cup frozen butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1/2 small ripe avocado
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- TOPPINGS: Goji berries, unsweetened dried cranberries, unsweetened shredded coconut, kiwi slices & Ceylon cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until thick, smooth & creamy. The texture should be thicker & richer than a regular smoothie & should remind you of soft serve ice cream. If it isn’t thick enough, feel free to add more collagen, butternut squash or avocado!
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl & top with desired toppings. Enjoy STAT!